Thanks to your volunteerism, we made 6.1 million phone calls, sent 3.1 million texts, and wrote over 700,000 postcards for the 2020 General Election Cycle, allowing us to accomplish our mission to Defend the House, Flip the Senate, and Take Back the White House. Now, we must Defend the Blue: expand our House and Senate majorities and turn key state legislatures Blue.
How Will We Do It?
We will work with campaigns to build information libraries, recruit and train volunteers and provide individuals and group leaders with the tools they need for early voter engagement now through GOTV (Get Out The Vote).
- Phone banking – Phone banking, after canvassing, is the most effective way to mobilize voters. Whether you join us in person or want to make calls from home, we provide you with all the training and materials you need to talk to voters.
- Canvassing – Canvassing, or knocking on doors and talking with voters face to face, is the most effective way to mobilize support for our Democratic candidates. We will have COVID safe canvassing opportunities available when it is safer to do so.
- Text Banking – Text banking is a newer form of voter engagement that is proving to be incredibly effective, particularly to mobilize younger voters. We will have texting opportunities available soon.
- Postcard & Letter Writing – If you are not yet comfortable talking to voters, we can still use your help! We have postcard and letter writing opportunities to voters in swing states through Vote Forward.
In 2020, our mission for the 2020 General Election Cycle, was to Defend the House, Flip the Senate, and Take Back the White House.
We played an integral role in making this mission a reality, partnering with the Biden campaign while working on seven Senate and nine House races. Here is just a brief snapshot of our accomplishments:
- 22,530 Volunteers
- 6,172,244 Phone Calls Made
- 674,415 Postcards Written
- 3,100,036 Texts Sent
- 247 Canvassing Shifts (Pre-COVID)
We could not be more thankful for the tremendous volunteers, staff, and donors who made this possible. For more information on what we did, please visit the Accomplishments page.
We Flipped Virginia Blue!
From April through November 2019, we worked tirelessly to help flip the Virginia House of Delegates and State Senate. Our efforts paid off. Thanks in part to 20,000 phone calls and 13,000 letters from our volunteers, Democrats won a 55-45 majority in the House of Delegates and a 21-19 majority in the Senate, giving Democrats total control of Virginia’s government. As a result, Virginia will be able to end Republican gerrymandering in the state, pass universal background checks, and ratify the Equal Rights Amendment.
How We Got Started – 2018
In 2018, we knew we had to win a Democratic majority in the House of Representatives to save our country from Donald Trump and the GOP. Our leadership oversaw a network of 4,000 volunteers who made 1.9 million phone calls and knocked on thousands of doors. Together we flipped seven Congressional districts in California, helping Democrats win their largest House majority in a decade.